Do you use a Jio Phone? Millions of people in India do, and for good reason – the Jio Phone is an amazing piece of technology. Not only does it have all sorts of features that you might expect from a smartphone, but it’s also very affordable. And did we mention that it comes with free 4G data?
If you’re one of the many people who love their Jio Phone, then you may be wondering how to turn on hotspot mode. Don’t worry – we’re here to help! In this blog post, we will show you how to enable hotspot mode on your Jio Phone. Keep reading for instructions!
Do you own a Jio phone and wish to share Jio internet with your smartphone or laptop? If so, you’ve come to the proper location to use your Jio phone’s internet. Because we already discussed how to enable Hotspot on a Jio phone.
As a result, you won’t have to worry about how to connect your Jio phone to a computer or an Android phone to access the internet. As you are aware, the internet speed on a Jio phone is far faster than on an Android phone.
In addition to the high internet connection speed, Jio phone users must recharge their Jio sim with a very cheap internet data plan as opposed to the recharge plan of jio phone sim of android phone.
Another intriguing aspect of the Jio phone is that when a customer acquires a new Jio phone, the user is given a free 6-month recharge plan to utilize the internet.
Because of the aforementioned reasons, the majority of consumers prefer to connect their Jio phone internet to their computer or Android phone. So, in this piece, we will learn whether or not it is feasible to activate the hotspot on a Jio phone. If so, how can I enable Hotspot on my Jio phone? Let us know in the comments section.
- 1 Is it possible to link Jio phone internet to a laptop and a smartphone?
- 2 How can I link my Jio phone internet to my computer and my Android phone? 4 Techniques
- 3 How can I use USB Tethering to share internet from my Jio phone to my computer and smartphone?
- 4 How to Enable Jio Phone Hotspot Using the OmnisD Hotspot App?
- 5 How to Enable Jio Phone Hotspot Using OmniSD Settings?
- 6 How to Activate Hostpot Using the Official Method
- 7 What are the benefits of using Jio Phone to access the internet?
- 8 FAQ on Using Jio Phone as a Hotspot
- 9 How can I move data from my Jio phone to my Android device?
- 10 How can I enable Internet Sharing on my Jio phone?
- 11 Conclusion
Yes, you may connect your Jio phone to a computer/laptop or an Android smartphone by following a few simple steps. By the way, there is no official option to share the internet using the Jio Phone Operating Software.
However, there is a step that you must take in order to utilize the internet on your PC or smartphone as a Wifi & USB tethering from the Jio phone.
So, let’s find out what the approach or ways are for transferring internet from a Jio phone to a laptop or smartphone in the section below.
Wi-Fi and USB tethering are two methods for accessing the internet from a Jio phone. So far, we’ve covered four techniques for sharing internet access from a Jio Phone to a laptop or an Android phone.
The three methods are via the Hotspot setting, and the one approach is via USB Tethering. All four techniques will work to transfer your Jio phone’s internet connection to other devices such as PCs or smartphones.
So, you may utilize any of the techniques listed below to connect your Jio phone to your other smartphone or computer system. So, let’s find out below.
As stated in the title, this approach makes use of USB tethering. So, I’d want to make it obvious that this strategy is best suited for a PC or laptop machine.
However, you can use Jio phone internet on your Android phone, but not directly since you cannot connect a USB cord from Jio phone to your smartphone.
However, after connecting the internet of your Jio phone to your laptop or PC, you may utilize the internet of your Jio phone on your smartphone with the aid of a computer or laptop. So, let’s test it out using USB tethering on both a laptop and a smartphone.
- Download and install the Qualcomm Driver on your desktop or laptop computer. To install the Qualcomm USB Driver for Jio phone, follow the steps below:
- Click on this link to get the Qualcomm Driver for your system.
- As you click the link, click the Download button, as seen in the image below.
- Now, open the downloaded Zip file and extract it. So, right-click and then select “Extract here.”
- As you extract it, a new folder with the same number will be generated. So, have a look inside.
- Right-click the Setup.exe file and select the Run as administrator option.
- It will then begin processing. After a few attempts, select the Next option.
- In the new window, click on the next option once again.
- Select I accept the terms of the licensing agreement and then click the next option in the next step.
- Finally, as seen in the image below, select the Install option.
- After a few moments, select the Finish option.
- Turn off your Jio phone’s Cellular Data.
- Disable your Jio phone’s USB storage. To disable it, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the storage area after opening settings.
- Scroll down and select the USB Storage option.
- Select the option to deactivate.
- Connect the Jio Phone’s USB cable to the USB port on your PC or laptop.
- Finally, your Jio phone will be instantly linked to your PC within a few minutes.
You would have understood how to link jio phone to pc for sharing jio phone internet as a hotspot and wifi by following the above approach.
You may utilize the internet on a smartphone from a Jio phone using the USB Tethering technique by following the preceding approach and several additional steps.
As you are aware, connecting your Jio phone to an Android phone through USB tethering is not feasible since the Android phone cannot access the internet via USB tethering.
Follow the steps below to learn how to link a Jio phone to a smartphone for internet access:
- Follow the whole procedure outlined above to connect your Jio phone to your PC using USB Tethering.
- When you successfully link your Jio phone to a computer, you will be able to utilize the internet on your PC. As a result, you must share the same internet connection with your smartphone that you do with your PC.
- As a result, activate your computer’s or laptop’s mobile hotspot.
- Finally, turn on your smartphone’s Wi-Fi.
How to Enable Jio Phone Hotspot Using the OmnisD Hotspot App?
- To begin, you must first download the OmniSD program onto your Jio phone. We have not yet prepared an article about how to install omniSD on a Jio phone. As a result, you may learn the method from credible videos on YouTube. (We will update it later with the installation instructions for omnisd.)
- By clicking the link, you may download the JGHotspot zip file to your desktop or laptop.
- To transfer files, connect your Jio phone to your laptop or computer using the USB cable.
- When you connect, you must move/copy and paste the JGhotspot zip file into the download file of your Jio phone’s internal storage.
- The JGhotspot file will show in the OmniSD software on your Jio phone. So, select the install option.
- When you click the install button, you will be informed that the installation was successful. Return to the home screen of your Jio phone, and the JGHotspot app will display.
- Open the JGHotspot app on your Jio phone, and Hotspot will turn on your Jio Phone, as well as the hotspot indicator at the top of the main screen.
- While you start the JGHotspot app, the Password of a Jio Phone hotspot shows, which you will need on your smartphone or laptop when connecting over Wi-Fi.
- When you turn on the wifi on your PC or mobile device and input the password for your Jio phone’s hotspot, the wifi will be successfully linked to your Jio Phone. You may now effortlessly access the internet on your smartphone or computer using your Jio phone.
You would have learned how to turn on Hotspot on Jio Phone by following the steps outlined above. All you have to do is follow the technique outlined in the preceding Steps.
How to Enable Jio Phone Hotspot Using OmniSD Settings?
- Install the omniSD program on your Jio phone first, and as noted in the previous way, we do not currently have a technique for installing omniSD. So, you may learn how to install the omniSD by watching a video on YouTube.
- By clicking the link, you may download the Setting app on your laptop or computer system.
- As the zip file downloads, connect your Jio phone to the computer and copy the zip file to your Jio phone’s internal storage.
- Open omniSD, navigate to the Setting file, and then click the Install button.
- When you select the install option, the message “Installation successful” will show.
- Return to the home screen and launch the Settings app on your jio phone that has been installed via omnisd. (Note: There will be two setting apps after installing the setting app through omnisd. So you won’t have to launch the pre-installed settings app)
- Scroll down and select “Internet Sharing” from the drop-down menu.
Finally, enable the Wifi Hotspot feature.
How to Activate Hostpot Using the Official Method
There was an option to enable hotspot, which was introduced by Jio to their kaios operating system of Jio phone. This hotspot option appeared in the Jio phone settings for Jio phone customers who have upgraded their Kaios Version.
However, after a few days, Jio had blocked that hotspot function for some reason, and the Hotspot option had vanished from every Jio phone.
As a result, Jio may provide this hotspot option in the future. As a result, this official way of activating hotspots is no longer available.
What are the benefits of using Jio Phone to access the internet?
The following are some of the benefits of sharing internet from a Jio phone to other devices:
- You must recharge your Jio number, which is installed into your Jio phone, for a far lower cost than a smartphone.
- Because of the Jio sim and Jio phone, internet speed will be fast. If you have used the internet on a Jio phone, you may have noticed that the internet is much faster than on a smartphone on the same operator of a Jio SIM.
- If you have a Jio phone and a laptop or PC, you do not need to purchase a Dongle, Hotspot external device, or broadband to access the internet or any smartphone.
FAQ on Using Jio Phone as a Hotspot
How can I move data from my Jio phone to my Android device?
No, you cannot transfer internet data from a Jio phone’s sim card to an Android phone’s sim card. Because the jio operator does not provide an alternative for transferring internet data.
You wish to transfer data from a Jio phone to an Android phone since the internet data plan available on a Jio phone is quite limited.]
As a result, you may utilize the same internet connection from your Jio phone on your Android or PC by using Hotspot. As a result, you can read the preceding.
How can I enable Internet Sharing on my Jio phone?
Previously, Jio had offered the Hotspot option as an internet sharing option, however it is now inaccessible owing to some reason they have blocked it.
As a result, you cannot enable internet sharing in your Jio phone without first installing omniSD. So, if you want to enable the internet sharing option, i.e. switch on the hotspot, you must first install omnisd, after which you may install the Hotspot app.
Because the hotspot program is installed on the Jio phone using omniSD, Hotspot is activated and cannot be connected to any smartphone or PC.
If you want to know how to set up Jio Phone hotspot in 2022, then this is the blog post for you. All of your questions will be answered below. We’ll start with explaining what a phone hotspot is and why it might interest you! Read on if that sounds interesting! Â Let’s get started…