We’ve all been there. You’re using an app, maybe checking in on Foursquare, and suddenly you see a notification that your location has been shared with everyone. Oops! Sometimes you share your location without meaning to, but sometimes apps can be confusing and it’s not always easy to know how to stop sharing your location. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through how to stop sharing your location without notification on both iOS and Android devices. So whether you’re worried about privacy or just don’t want people constantly knowing where you are, read on for tips on how to keep your whereabouts under wraps.
Do you want to know how to stop broadcasting your location without them knowing? If you answered yes, you’ve come to the perfect site to learn how to halt your real-time location without alerting the other person.
Many smartphone users’ live location information is available to family members and friends. They can track you down at any time, no matter where you are.
However, if you want to ensure that they do not know your whereabouts without knowing them, you may do that very quickly. Because there are several reasons why we do not want to share our current position, especially when you travel somewhere.
So, in this post, we’ve covered a variety of strategies for stopping someone from revealing their location without their knowledge, complete with step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
The approach described in this article is intended mostly for iPhone users, although it may also be applied to an Android smartphone.
- 1 How can I block my iPhone from transmitting my location without them knowing? 6 methods
- 1.1 How can I turn off exact location while sharing my location?
- 1.2 How can I avoid revealing my position to anyone by turning off flying mode?
- 1.3 How to disable share my location and stop sharing my location without them knowing?
- 1.4 How can I prohibit Find My iPhone from revealing my location without my knowledge?
- 1.5 How do I avoid revealing my location on imessage through contact?
- 1.6 How do I prohibit Life360 from disclosing my location without my knowledge?
- 1.7 How can I communicate the incorrect location rather than the real-time location?
- 2 FAQ on How to Stop Sharing Your Location Without Notifying Others
- 3 Conclusion on avoiding disclosing your location with anybody
How can I block my iPhone from transmitting my location without them knowing? 6 methods
This article has discussed many methods for disabling your real-time location without telling others. This article discusses a total of six strategies for preventing location sharing.
So, you may use such strategies based on the situations that are best for you. Disabling exact location, airplane mode, Share my location, Find my, and spoofing false location are some of the techniques available.
As a result, each operation approach is described step by step with screenshots. So, let us talk about it.
How can I turn off exact location while sharing my location?
Your family members or other people will not be able to find you if you provide your location. If you don’t know what your exact location is in your iPhone or Android smartphone? Then let me tell you in a nutshell.
The phrase “exact or specific location” refers to a real-time (live) location. Only select applications, such as Find my app, Google map, imessage, Find my friends, Glympse, and others, reveal your position.
These are the applications that require permission to view your phone’s location before they may share it with others. Since these applications communicate your precise position when precise location is enabled.
However, if the precise location is disabled, these applications will be unable to transmit the exact or real-time position. Then they do not reveal the precise location.
Only the city or area of that specific place will be disclosed. So, how can you turn off precise location to hide the actual position?
To turn off the precise location features, follow the steps below:
- Go to your smartphone’s settings.
- Scroll down and select the privacy option.
- Select Location Services from the drop-down menu.
- The numerous applications that are accessing your device’s location will now be displayed there. So, from the app you wish to hide your position, go to Find my or Google Maps.
- Finally, By toggling it, I turned off the precise location features
These are the step-by-step instructions for how to cease sharing your location without them knowing by specifying your location.
How can I avoid revealing my position to anyone by turning off flying mode?
You may also disable location sharing by activating the airplane / flight mode on your Android or iPhone smartphone. When you activate the aircraft mode, all network and internet connections to your phone are terminated.
And, obviously, if your internet connection is off, your location will not be shared with anyone, as you may be aware. However, these procedures will be ineffective for a long period.
It is only useful for a brief amount of time when you do not wish to receive any calls or texts. By the way, this approach of stopping location sharing by airline is not suitable for the majority of people, but it is acceptable for a limited period.
To prevent revealing a location, follow the steps below to switch off an airplane:-
- Methods –
- Swipe down from the top or up from the bottom of the screen to access the control center on your iPhone, depending on the model.
- To enable it, select the aviation mode option.
- Methods –
- Open the settings app on your iPhone and activate the aircraft mode as it appears at the top.
- Turning on the aircraft mode will allow you to avoid revealing your location with anybody. As I previously stated, this approach is just for a limited period of time and in an emergency, and it is also the quickest method.
- You can also use the methods listed below, which have been around for a long time. So, one by one, let’s find out.
You may also stop sharing locations without knowing anybody by disabling the share my location feature on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
When you turn off the share my location capabilities on your smartphone, your smartphone does not provide any program access to your phone’s location, whether it discovers my app or another app.
So, by disabling the share my location option, you may prevent your location from being shared with anyone. On your phone, there are two options for turning off the share my location feature. So, let’s find out.
To disable location sharing by turning off the share my location capabilities, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open your iPhone’s settings and then choose your account from the list at the top.
- Navigate to the Find My Options section.
- Finally, I disabled the Share my location choices since you will be presenting them there.
- Open your iPhone’s settings and then hit the privacy option.
- Toggle the location services toggle to turn off the possibility to share my location.
These are the methods that will show you how to stop sharing your location without them knowing by removing the share my location settings.
As you have turned off the hare my location, your smartphone is protected and will not be available to anybody of its position. Now, let’s look at some alternative ways to prevent broadcasting your location without telling others.
How can I prohibit Find My iPhone from revealing my location without my knowledge?
The locate my app is a mobile application that most smartphone users use to communicate their whereabouts with family members and friends.
So, if you use locate my phone to share your position, you may also stop sharing it. You may disable location sharing for specific members as well as for all users in this app.
As a result, if you do not want to reveal your location with any specific person, you may uninstall this discover my app. So, let us talk about it.
To cease sharing your location with the Find my app, follow the steps below:
- Open the Find my app, which is pre-installed on your smartphone.
- As seen in the picture below, tap the’me’ option in the bottom right hand corner.
- Toggling the share my location option now allows you to disable location sharing for all users at once.
- If you wish to disable the location for specific members, select the persons option.
- Select the members for whom you wish to disable location sharing; if you are sharing, just the member list will be presented.
- Finally, click the stop sharing my location option and then press the stop sharing location option again.
How do I avoid revealing my location on imessage through contact?
If your location is being shared with your contact, you can cancel the location sharing from your contact to the specific contact. You can disable the sharing of the iPhone’s location from the contacts to each individual member.
To cease sharing the location with a specific contact, follow the steps outlined below:-
- Launch the contacts app on your iPhone.
- Select any contact from whom you wish to disable the share my location option.
- Finally, select the option to “Stop sharing My location.”
These are the measures you may take to cease sharing your location with the specific contact. So, simply follow the above-mentioned step-by-step approach.
So, you would have known how to cease sharing your location without them knowing by utilizing a contact app to the specific individual. Now, let’s look at some alternative ways to prevent your smartphone from broadcasting your location.
How do I prohibit Life360 from disclosing my location without my knowledge?
Life360 is an excellent program that keeps a person secure and sends notifications about children or people to family members. However, if you want to disguise your present position and ensure that they are not aware of your visiting activities, you may do so.
They will receive a bogus location instead of your present location if you spoof your current location. If the area where you wish to go is alerted as a phony method, they will receive a fake location and you will be in other locations.
So, the question is, how can you share a fictitious location? Then you should follow the steps outlined below. So, let’s get it out there.
How can I communicate the incorrect location rather than the real-time location?
Other individuals who are accessing your location will receive your false real-time location where you will not be present, and they will also receive notice of your whereabouts.
There are several programs or software available that may be used to share a fake location with anyone. However, with this approach, you will need a system, whether it is a laptop or a computer, and you will need to install software on your system.
It makes no difference if your laptop computer is Microsoft Windows or an Apple MacBook. So, let’s go through how to install software on your computer and mobile device, as well as the process of connecting and sharing a fictitious location.
To communicate a bogus location from your iPhone with others without waking them up, follow the steps below:-
Install the tenorshare iAnyGo program on your computer or laptop. To download and install software, follow the steps below: –
- To obtain tenorshare software, go to https://www.tenorshare.com/products/ianygo-change-gps-location-iphone.html.
- The program will be downloaded when you click the download button.
- Once the program has been downloaded, go to the software installation instructions.
- As soon as the program is installed on your PC, launch it. As shown in the screenshot below, click the enter button.
- Now, connect your iPhone to the system as usual with the USB cable.
- When you connect, the system will retrieve your device’s current position.
Now, either input the false location on your computer in the address/GPS Cordinate box, or just click on the map spot where you wish to spoof your position.
- If you wish to return to your current actual location, select the restore symbol and then the Restart now option.
FAQ on How to Stop Sharing Your Location Without Notifying Others
Can I stop sharing locations with a certain member?
Yes, you may stop sharing your location with any specific person. There is no need to switch off the share my location or other features to cease immediately sharing your location with all of them.
It is entirely up to you who you want to share your location with, but there is no need to share it with everyone. Sp, there are a variety of strategies you can use to cease sharing your whereabouts with anyone.
As a result, if you wish to cease sharing your location with a specific user, you must use the following two options, which are found in the discover my app and the conatct app.
How can I stop sharing my location without being notified?
There are several methods in this post that will allow you to cease sharing your location without telling others. There are a total of seven strategies we have outlined on how to cease sharing location without their knowledge.
They are disabled by deactivating exact location, aeroplane mode, Share my location, Find my iphone, imessage contact, Life360 application, and faking the location (hiding current location).
You may use these strategies to cease sharing your location without them knowing or telling you.
No, your location will not be shared if your phone is entirely switched off since your smartphone is completely removed from the internet.
If your smartphone is in sleep mode, the sharing location procedure will surely continue because the phone is still linked to the internet services.
Conclusion on avoiding disclosing your location with anybody
I hope you are aware of how to cease revealing your location without knowing them. In this post, we have discussed a total of seven approaches, which include turning off the share my location settings,
Turning off airplane mode, sharing a fake location, disabling Find my location, disabling share my location from contacts and iMessage, disabling location from Life360, and specifying a location.
We have described each process in detail, including a step-by-step approach and a snapshot. As a result, we have done our best to provide the precise method to cease sharing your location with anyone.
If you have any questions about the shraring location, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve them.
We all know how easy it is to share our location on social media and in texts, but we rarely think about the consequences of this action. If you’re not careful, your phone can become a GPS tracker for anyone that wants to find out where you are at any given time. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to stop sharing your location without notification–you just need to turn off “location services” altogether (on both iOS and Android). The next time someone asks for your whereabouts or says they want directions somewhere nearby–don’t give them the satisfaction! Keep their curiosity guessing with some vague responses like “I’m around here.”