Are you one of the many people who are eager to try out Reliance Jio’s new Fiber service? If so, you may be wondering how to connect your PC to the network. In this article, we’ll show you how easy it is to get set up. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions.
Have you bought a JIO Wifi device to use as a wifi network? Don’t worry if you bought it but don’t know how to connect it to your devices. So, in this essay, you will learn how to simply connect Jiofi to a laptop or a computer.
Along with them, you will learn about the capabilities and functions of this Jiofi hotspot gadget, as well as commonly asked questions regarding it. So that you don’t have any questions about this Jiofi equipment.
JioFi is the greatest hotspot gadget for a laptop or PC to improve internet connection speed. This jiofi gadget can connect to a variety of devices, including computers/laptops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and other internet-connected devices.
This device is available in a variety of models, with some allowing you to connect up to 10 devices and others up to 31. By the way, we don’t need more than 10 devices to connect.
As you are aware, this Jiofi equipment only supports Jio sim cards. As a result, before continuing, make sure you have a Jio sim card. So, how do you connect to the internet from a Jiofi gadget to a laptop or computer?
- 1 How to connect to the internet from a Jiofi to a laptop or PC – 3 Methods
- 2 How can I link JioFi to my laptop through WiFi?
- 3 How to use Jiofi as a wifi hotspot on a laptop with a USB cable
- 4 FAQ on How can I link my Jiofi to my laptop?
- 5 Finally, how do you connect internet from Jio Wifi to a laptop?
- 6 Conclusion
How to connect to the internet from a Jiofi to a laptop or PC – 3 Methods
You may connect your jiofi hotspot device to a PC or laptop using one of three techniques. WIFI, USB Tethering, and WPS are the methods used.
As a result, you may use it wirelessly as well as through a wire cable. There will be no difference between connecting through wifi, USB, or WPS.
All three options will deliver the fastest internet speed to your PC or laptop device. If you use it through wifi or WPS and keep it so far away, you will, of course, have a low network.
Most individuals simply use wifi to connect their PC or laptop to a hotspot device. If you’re connected to many devices, you’ll almost certainly need to use wifi.
So, if you connect Jiofi to your system laptop or pc, keep it close to your gadget. As a result, the jiofi gadget may provide stronger signal strength to your computer.
To connect your laptop/computer to the Jiofi gadget through wifi, follow the steps outlined below:-
- To begin, plug the Jio sim card into your Jiofi gadget. So, to insert your Jio sim card, follow the instructions below:
- Remove the jiofi device’s rear cover.
- Second, remove your jiofi device’s battery.
- Insert the macro sim card into the sim card slot at this point.
- Second, write down the SSID (Service Set Identifier) and password on the reverse side of the paper, such as in a notebook or notepad. When you remove the batteries from your Jiofi device, you will be able to see the SSID and password.
- After you’ve installed the battery and cover, turn on your jiofi gadget by pushing the power button for 2-3 seconds.
- Now, navigate to your laptop or desktop system’s wifi settings. So, on the right side of the bottom, near the battery icon, click the internet icon, which is found on practically every Windows laptop or pc. (If your system’s wifi is already turned on, you will see the wifi icon.)
- To switch on the wifi, click the symbol, or go to the system settings of your computer.
- When you turn on your laptop’s wifi, it will look for your Jiofi device. As a result, you will need to wait a few seconds before it does not scan the Jiofi device.
When your jiofi’s SSID displays there, click it.
- To connect, click the Connect icon. Wait a few seconds after clicking it for it to verify the network requirements.
- Then you’ll be prompted to input the security code. So, as we mentioned previously, input the password and make a note of it on the jiofi gadget. After you’ve entered it, select the Next option.
As a result, when you choose the next option, a connection will display beneath the SSID of your Jiofi device in your wifi settings. So, with the aid of videos and the methods outlined above, you should have a good understanding of how to connect jiofi to laptop with wifi.
How to use Jiofi as a wifi hotspot on a laptop with a USB cable
When you buy a new jiofi gadget, you get a charger with a USB cord that can be used as a smartphone charger. So, using that USB Cable, you may also connect to the internet from your Jiofi device on your laptop.
Connecting your laptop to a mobile hotspot with a USB cable is the same procedure.
So, follow the steps below to connect your laptop to Jio WiFi using a USB cable:
- Simply attach the B connection to the jiofi device into which you plug it to charge it.
- Second, plug the USB cord into the USB port on your laptop or desktop computer.
As soon as you attach both jacks to the port, your jiofi will be instantly connected to the laptop. When a result, instead of the wifi icon, it will change to the LAN icon as it connects.
You can see if your laptop has successfully connected to your Jiofi network by glancing at that indicator. You may also quickly access the internet from any browser on your machine.
As a result of completing the steps outlined above, you now understand how to connect a Jiofi to a laptop via a USB connection.
How can I connect a Jiofi to a laptop through WPS?
If you’re not sure what WPS features or functions of a Jiofi device are, read on. Then don’t be concerned. WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
WPS is a button found on practically every hotspot or router device. It is mostly utilized when you have forgotten the password for your Jiofi device or other router devices.
You may use this approach to connect Jiofi to your laptop even if you have forgotten the password. And after connecting it, you’ll be able to see the Jiofi device’s password.
This WPS button is mostly utilized when you need to share your Jiofi internet connection with a friend’s device. So, if someone asks you to connect to the internet using your jiofi, you don’t need to give the password.
Follow the steps below to connect to the internet without a password using the Jiofi WPS button:
- Turn on the jiofi device and hold down the WPS button for 2-3 seconds. This WPS button may be found on the right side, just below the power button. When you push it for 2 to 3 seconds, the wifi light on the Jiofi gadget will begin to flicker in green.
- Now, under the taskbar, beside the battery symbol, click on your laptop’s wifi icon.
- After scanning, click on your jiofi’s SSID.
- Then, click the connect button, and it will connect automatically without requiring a password. (If you are prompted to enter a password, wait a few seconds.) It will connect automatically.)
So, by following the steps outlined above, you now understand how to connect a Jiofi to a laptop through the WPS feature. As a result, you can employ this strategy anytime you require it.
What are the characteristics and functionalities of the Jiofi device?
Finally, you are aware of how to connect JioFi to a laptop or PC. However, this is insufficient; you must also be familiar with the characteristics and operations of the JioFi hotspot router equipment.
This JioFi gadget has several functions that every JioFi customer should be aware of. There is a battery indication, a wifi indicator, a network indicator, and so forth.
As a result, depending on the circumstances, they light in different colors and flicker. So, by watching the movies below, you can learn about all of the functions of the JioFI gadget.
How can I check the jiofi balance on my laptop?
In the same manner that you must check the data balance of your smartphone, you must also check the data balance of the Jio sim that is plugged into the Jiofi router device.
It is critical to monitor the consumption and balance of the jiofi device’s jio sim card. Then you may use it according to your consumption every day and replenish it at your leisure.
To check jiofi balance in a laptop or desktop machine, perform the following steps:
- Open a browser and navigate to jio.com, the company’s main website.
- To sign in, click here.
- Then, select the JioFi option.
- Enter the Jio number that is stored in your JioFi hotspot router device, and then click the Generate OTP button.
- Choose an alternative mobile number or an Aadhar-linked number. So, choose anyone from whom you would get OTP. (When you purchased a new JIO SIM Card, the vendor requested an alternate mobile number and Aadhar number. So it retrieves and displays data from that source.)
- After you’ve made your selection, click the Generate OTP button.
- Now, input the OTP and press the submit button. You will be successfully logged in with your jiofi device sim card after inputting it.
After logging in, you may view your data (Internet) use and expiration date. You can track and check numerous things, as well as recharge. As a result, you may check the data balance of the joFi device in this manner.
As a result, it is the most significant thing that you should know because you already know how to connect jiofi to laptop. However, if you do not know how to check data balance, you may have difficulties.
Why isn’t my laptop connected to JioFi?
The following are some troubleshooting steps you should take and directions to follow so that your JioFi device may be successfully connected:-
- Re-insert the Jio sim card into your JioFi device.
- Check that the JioFi gadget is turned on and that the battery is fully charged.
- WIFI should be enabled on your laptop, and it should be re-scanned.
- Examine the JioFi icon’s indicator light. If there is a green network, it means that the network is complete.
- Similarly, the blue network represents an average signal while the red network indicates a bad signal. If there is a red network, keep it where there is a good signal.
- For a better network, JioFi should be linked to no more than 10 devices at once, and the distance between JioFi and laptop should be no more than 10 meters.
How can I boost the speed of JioFi on my laptop?
You now understand how to connect Jiofi to a laptop. However, if you have a sluggish internet connection, you will have a problem. Again, you must conduct your own study, but we have discussed it here.
With the same Jio Sim card that you entered into the JioFi gadget, you may occasionally receive a high-speed network on your smartphone. However, with the same Jio sim card and JioFi gadget, you receive sluggish speeds.
Even though the green network light shows that a good signal is being received by your JioFi device, your laptop will not receive high internet speeds from the JioFi router device.
Essentially, Jio’s network infrastructure provides networks in three bands: band 3, band 5, and band 40. So, if you’re not sure what the role of this band in the network signal is, let me explain in brief.
Band 3’s range is distant from other brands, but it gives a sluggish network, whereas band 5’s range is medium and it provides a medium network. In the same pattern, band 40 has a modest range but a high speed when compared to bands 3 and 5.
As a result, you must set your jio f device to band 40. To boost jioFi speed, follow the instructions below:
Using your computer’s browser, navigate to http://jiofi.local.html. Before accessing this page, make sure your device is connected to the jioFi.
- To log in, click the Log In button and enter your username and password. Every JioFi device’s default username and password is administrator. After you’ve entered your information, click the Login button.
- In the network for APN attach setting, go to setting and pick the Manual option.
- Choose IPV4 from the IPV4/IPV6 Mode options. (Important option)
Now, press the Apply button.
You may now test your network connection; your internet speed will almost certainly rise when compared to the previous speed. As a result, you may quickly enhance your speed. By following the procedures outlined above, you may create a jioFi router hotspot.
Finally, how do you connect internet from Jio Wifi to a laptop?
Finally, I want you to be well-versed in the numerous techniques for connecting JioFi to a laptop. There will be no variation in internet speed between the three options.
In addition, we have attempted to address all of your concerns through the use of frequently asked questions. We have provided films describing the capabilities and functionalities of the Jio wifi router gadget.
As a result, all of your questions about JioFi’s features should be answered. If you have any questions about the JioFi gadget, please leave a comment below.
Connecting a JioFi to your PC is an easy process. All you have to do is purchase the dongle from their website, plug it into an available port on your computer and download the app for network access. Once that’s done, you can use the internet as much as you want without worrying about data usage or speeds! If all of this sounds intimidating and you want help enacting these principles, let us know. Our team of experts are ready and waiting to partner with you to create a stellar SEO or marketing plan that drives sales by considering how your customers think. Which of these cognitive neuroscience principles have you applied?