Are you ever stuck on the side of the road, with a dead laptop battery? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. In fact, this is a common problem for many people. But don’t fret – there are ways to charge your laptop in car. So read on for some easy solutions.
Hey! Do you want to know how to charge a laptop in your car? If so, you’ve come to the ideal spot to learn how to charge a laptop battery in a vehicle. Wherever we embark on a lengthy road trip in our car, we always bring our laptop with us in case we need it later. As a result, we must use a laptop in the automobile for workplace or personal purposes.
If you completely charged it at home, the laptop will be totally depleted after 4-5 hours of use. As a result, under such circumstances, you may be wondering how I may charge my laptop using a car battery. As a result, you may quickly charge your laptop in your car without worrying about future issues. A laptop can be charged in the same manner that a smartphone can be charged on a laptop.
However, certain processes will be different on a laptop. So, in this post, you will learn how to charge a laptop in a car fast and easily, with a step-by-step guide.
- 1 How do you charge your laptop in the car? four approaches
- 2 How do you charge a laptop in a vehicle using an inverter and a laptop charger?
- 3 How to Charge a Laptop in the Car using a USB Type C Cable
- 4 How can I charge my laptop battery using a laptop power bank?
- 5 How do I charge my laptop using an adaptor (laptop vehicle charger)?
- 6 How do I charge my laptop in the car?
- 7 Conclusion on Laptop Battery Charging in a Car
How do you charge your laptop in the car? four approaches
There are several methods for charging your laptop’s battery in a car. However, we have included four simpler techniques for charging a laptop from any car’s battery below.
The following are four techniques for learning how to charge a laptop battery in a car.
- To begin, the laptop may be powered using a vehicle inverter equipment and a laptop charger.
- You may charge it with a USB Type C cord and a laptop vehicle charger.
- You can charge it with a laptop vehicle charger adaptor.
- Finally, you can charge a smartphone using a power bank.
These are the strategies we’ve listed below for charging a laptop without incident. As a result, you have the option of charging in accordance with the availability of the items.
How do you charge a laptop in a vehicle using an inverter and a laptop charger?
Normally, you charge your laptop with a laptop charger from alternating current (AC) power. However, the automobile battery provides DC power, which you cannot use to charge your laptop because your laptop charger requires AC power.
So, you may charge your laptop in the car using a standard charger and a car inverter/charger that you use to charge power. You may charge your laptop directly using this approach by inserting your standard AC charger into the Inverter.
There are several types of car inverters on the market. This automobile inverter is most likely to be obtained online, so you may purchase it from there.
To charge your laptop using the inverter system, follow the instructions below:-
- First, get a car inverter charger to convert the output DC (Direct current) electricity to AC power (Alternating current).
- After you’ve obtained the vehicle inverter charger, plug the inverter’s wire cable into the car’s charger slot where you’ve placed the Smartphone charger.
- Connect your standard laptop charger to a laptop that you use to charge power at home or at the office.
- Finally, put the charger’s plug into the Car inverter as an electricity board.
A laptop will begin charging after connecting the laptop charger to the laptop and inverter, as well as the inverter power cord to the car’s charger slot.
As a result of the preceding procedure, you should now understand how to charge a laptop in a car using a car inverter.
So, make sure to follow the step-by-step procedure we’ve outlined. You may buy the auto inverter from the link provided on Amazon or offline if it is available near you.
How to Charge a Laptop in the Car using a USB Type C Cable
In the same way that a mobile car charger is required to charge your smartphone with a USB cable, a laptop car charger is required to charge a laptop in the car using a USB Type C connection.
So, with the aid of a laptop car charger, an exact voltage of power will be supplied from the car’s battery based on the wattage of the battery. If you’re wondering why you can’t charge your laptop using a mobile charger, read on. Then let me tell you in a nutshell.
Because the mobile battery has a lower wattage than the laptop battery, the voltages of the charger must be lower as well. This is why you should not charge your laptop with a mobile charger.
Note: Before using this approach, make sure your laptop has a USB Type C connector.
To charge your laptop with a USB Type C cable, follow the steps below:–
- To begin, get the “USB Type C Laptop vehicle charger”; only then will you be able to connect it via a type C cable. (You may purchase it both online and in person.) You can receive it in both modes.)
- You should have a USB Type C cable, which is about the same price as a USB Type A cable. If you don’t have it, you can buy it.
- Plug the USB Type C laptop car charger into the car charger port once you have both the charger and the cord.
- After connecting the charger to the automobile, connect the USB Type C cable to the laptop and charger.
Your laptop will begin charging as soon as you attach the USB Type C to the laptop and vehicle charger. You do not need to make any changes to the laptop software because every type c connector on the laptop enables charging.
You now understand how to charge a laptop in a car using a laptop car charger and a USB Type C connection. As a result, adhere to the above-mentioned step-by-step procedure.
How can I charge my laptop battery using a laptop power bank?
As a backup, you may have utilized a power bank for your smartphone, which is intended to charge a gadget that does not have access to electricity. This power bank is measured in milliampere-hours (mAh) and watts (W).
Because smartphones have low mAh batteries, a power bank with a lower mAh capacity is required. However, because a laptop has a higher mAh capacity than a mobile phone, a power bank with a large mAh capacity is required to charge a laptop.
Your laptop’s battery will require at least 40,000 mAh (milliampere-hour) of electricity from a power bank. As a result, your laptop may be charged using your power bank without issue.
Before purchasing a power bank for a laptop, ensure that it includes a laptop, and then only you should purchase. In addition to this, be certain that your laptop has a Type C connector.
To charge your laptop in a car using a power bank, follow the instructions below:
- You must acquire a power bank with a minimum capacity of 40,000 watts. You may purchase it by clicking on the link provided below.
- Maintain a full charge on your power bank so that you may use it whenever you need it later.
- Connect the USB Type C to the laptop’s Type C port, and if you have a dual USB Type C, connect to the type c port. You may also connect it to the Type-A port if you have one side with USB Type-C and the other with Type-A.
The power bank for a laptop that we stated above is significantly less expensive than the other power bank. You may purchase any brand of power bank, but it must have a 40,000 mAh battery capacity, which is adequate for a laptop.
We gave the power bank as an example so that you may get an idea of what sort of power bank you need to buy. Finally, you would have learned how to charge a laptop in a car using a power bank.
How do I charge my laptop using an adaptor (laptop vehicle charger)?
There is also an inverter-like converter for charging a laptop in a car. The key advantage of this approach is that, except from this one adapter, there is no need to connect and connect.
Except for the power bank approach, we can see that there is a requirement for an extra cable in the preceding methods. So, all you need to do is buy a laptop vehicle charger adaptor for this.
To charge a laptop in your car using the laptop car charger adapter, follow the instructions below:-
- First and foremost, you must get a laptop vehicle charging adaptor. We have included an example of the adaptor, which you may view if you choose.
- When you receive this adapter, you may use it to charge your laptop in the car at any time. Simply attach the charger cable to the car’s charger slot and the other power jack/pin to the laptop’s power port as if it were a normal charger.
You should now be able to charge a laptop in the car using the adapter if you followed the steps outlined above. As a result, you may charge your laptop’s battery using the laptop car charger adapter in this manner.
How do I charge my laptop in the car?
Is it feasible to charge a laptop using a USB cable in a car?
As you are aware, there are three main types of USB (Universal serial bus). There are three of them: USB Type-A, USB Type-B, and USB Type-C.
As a result, USB Type-A and USB Type-B are the most commonly used connectors in laptops and smartphones. Because your smartphone consumes low voltage electricity, you may charge it in your automobile using a USB Type-A cable.
Because of the low transmitting power, you cannot charge your laptop using a USB Type-A cable. However, you may charge your laptop in your automobile using the USB Type C connector.
Finally, you should check to see if your laptop has a USB Type C connector. If it has a USB Type C connector, you may charge it with a USB Type C cable.
However, if your laptop lacks a USB Type C connector, you need not be concerned because we have provided three more solutions. As a result, you may charge without a USB Type C connector by utilizing one of the other three methods.
Is it safe to charge your laptop in the car?
Yes, you may charge your laptop in your car safely. There will be no heating issues with a laptop, charger, or automobile. Not only will there be no heating problems, but there will also be no electrical problems, and your laptop, charger, and automobile will not be ruined.
Simply use the appropriate capacity or power, such as an adapter – laptop car charger, a vehicle inverter charger, a power bank, or a USB Type C laptop car charger.
You won’t have any problems charging your smartphone in your car, and you won’t have any problems charging your laptop either.
Will charging a laptop in the car deplete the battery?
Of course, the car battery will gradually deplete when charging the laptop from the car battery. Due to the smaller capacity of the smartphone battery, it does not discharge as quickly as the laptop battery.
As previously stated, the car’s battery would progressively deplete when charging a laptop. However, you may replenish your car’s battery as previously by driving it.
Nota bene: If the automobile is running and you charge your laptop at the same time, the battery will not deplete. So, try charging your laptop while the automobile is driving someplace.
Conclusion on Laptop Battery Charging in a Car
Finally, we hope that you now have a better understanding of how to charge a laptop in a car utilizing the numerous techniques. We have presented the facts to you after conducting extensive investigation.
We attempted to explain everything as simply as possible so that you don’t have any problems with laptop charging in a vehicle in the future.
In this post, we discussed the four various ways to charge your laptop in a car: adapter laptop car charger, car inverter charger, and power bank.
So, depending on the availability of the items and the ways that you feel comfortable with, you can employ them. In addition, we attempted to address some of the often asked questions that you may have.
If you have any questions or concerns about laptop charging, please leave a comment or email us.
If you want to charge your laptop in the car, there are a few options. You can buy a car adapter that will plug into your cigarette lighter or purchase an inverter for about $150 and install it yourself. The advantage of the latter is that it may be able to power other items as well. Be sure to find out what type of battery your laptop uses before making a decision on which option would work best for you.